Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi there all, yesterday was a sad day, some fool decided to hack my site and deleted everything, I have a db backup from the 21st but is there a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Urgent help please!

Hi there all, yesterday was a sad day, some fool decided to hack my site and deleted everything, I have a db backup from the 21st but is there a way via ssh to recover the deleted files? Thanks.

You should be able to do anything through ssh that you could do sitting at the terminal, but without more information it would be hard to give you any meaningful help.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!
    What sort of info.

What version of linux you're using, what software you used for backup, etc.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!
    dont know linux verison but i just ftped the stuff down. Is there no ssh way? If you know I would be more than happy to give youa cces.

Did you just ftp the whole site down? In that case, you could just ftp it back.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!
    no because the files arent the same, they were before some major editing and the db is 70mb short.