Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am running a Fedora Core 2 box and trying to setup a web server. I have Apache installed but was wondering if anyone had some good links to Web ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Setting up Apache Web Server on FC2

I am running a Fedora Core 2 box and trying to setup a web server. I have Apache installed but was wondering if anyone had some good links to Web Server setup for noobs. I have been using Linux for a couple of months now so I dont have much experience. Thanks for any help.

I don,t know which vesion of apache you are using, but look here and at the Linux documentation Project
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Just Joined!
    Thanks, those links helped. Now I have a problem accessing my server outside my LAN. I can access no problem from 192.168.1.105 but can not access from another LAN using my external IP address. I get the error message "your connection was refused". I have tried port forwarding from my router and placed that computer on the DMZ and still no go. I also edited the .conf file to listen to port "8080" b/c I think my ISP blocks port 80. I then try to access using 000.000.000:8080 to no avail.

Could it be a default firewall setting on FC2 or another setting I need to change under Apache? I am stumped. Thank you for any help.

BTW I am runing Apache 2.0.5

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

Apache Error

Greetings,

Is your Web Server running on the default port or on 8080. Please check that and then try x.x.x.x:8080 from outside your LAN.

Regards

Just Joined!
    did you check your firewall configuration... you can basically adjust who can and cannot acces your server.. I guess from the other LAN you said that LAN is not permitted to access your network.

Just Joined!
    ask ur isp for blocking ports AFTER u checked your firewalls and it still didn't work. firewall(windows) was my problem, struggeling now to install apache 2 on linux.