Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am having a lot of problems trying to get mod_per2 working. Just a little background information... And just to let you know, I tried this before on a different ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[error] Can't locate Apache2.pm in @INC

I am having a lot of problems trying to get mod_per2 working. Just a little background information...

And just to let you know, I tried this before on a different installation, and was receiving the same exact errors, and got so fed up, I wiped my system clean, and reinstalled Slackware (10). Altho I am not new to linux, I do consider myself a noob with perl.

I compiled perl 5.8.6 from scratch. It passed all the tests in the test suite.

Thereafter, I installed mod_perl-2.0.0-RC5 (from source), and all it's dependencies (using CPAN) until the test suite stated that all tests passed.

in apache2/conf/httpd.conf I added PerlRequire "/usr/local/apache2/conf/startup.pl" and it's contents are:

use Apache2 ();
    use lib qw(/usr/local/apache2/perl);
    use Apache::compat ();
    use ModPerl::Util (); #for CORE::GLOBAL::exit
    use Apache::RequestRec ();
    use Apache::RequestIO ();
    use Apache::RequestUtil ();
    use Apache::Server ();
    use Apache::ServerUtil ();
    use Apache::Connection ();
    use Apache::Log ();
    use Apache::Session ();
    use CGI ();
    use CGI::Cookie ();
    use APR::Table ();
    use ModPerl::Registry ();
    use Apache::Const -compile => ':common';
    use APR::Const -compile => ':common';

1;

When I try to startup apache, it returns:

[error] Can't locate Apache2.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.6/i686-linux-thread-multi /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.6 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i686-linux-thread-multi /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl . /usr/local/apache2) at /usr/local/apache2/conf/startup.pl line 1.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/apache2/conf/startup.pl line 1.\nCompilation failed in require at (eval 2) line 1.\n

Apache2.pm is located in:
    /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i686-linux-thread-multi/Bundle/

so I add "use lib qw(/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i686-linux-thread-multi/Bundle/)" to the beginning of the startup.pl file, then when I startup apache, I get the following error message:

[error] Can't locate Apache/compat.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/apache2/perl /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i686-linux-thread-multi/Apache2 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i686-linux-thread-multi/Bundle /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.6/i686-linux-thread-multi /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.6 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i686-linux-thread-multi /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl . /usr/local/apache2) at /usr/local/apache2/conf/startup.pl line 5.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/apache2/conf/startup.pl line 5.\nCompilation failed in require at (eval 2) line 1.\n

compat.pm is located in /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i686-linux-thread-multi/Apache2, so I add it to the beginning of my startup.pl file

Again, when I try to start apache, it reports that it still cannot find compat.pm.

Anyone have any clue what I am doing wrong? If you have any insight into the problem, I sure would appreciate help!

Thanks

Just Joined!
    Turns out there are some major changes from RC4 and previous versions to RC5.

Check out http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/rename.html for details.