Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi bro I am using Linux Suse pro 9.2 and I config the nfs server for one server, nfs client for 50 PC .But when I turned on more than ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

NFS help

Hi bro

I am using Linux Suse pro 9.2 and I config the nfs server for one server, nfs client for 50 PC .But when I turned on more than 4 PC at the same time the NFS usally RPC:time out

So can u help me trouble my problem

thanks

Linux Enthusiast
    It was kind of a narrow description you did huh!
    Anyhow, you should check out your memory consumtion of the NFS server, check if you have some bad cabling, badly performed hard drive system. Are you in fact using IDE as your shared hard drive? Change that ASAP to SCSI, since it is much more appropriate in a multi-user/share environment.
    And yes, check you network interface as well, so that you are in true 100Mbps/Full-Duplex or even better 1000Mbps/full-duplex.

But, my best guess here is the hard-drives, and the memory. If you plan to use this Suse primarily as a NFS server, set your /etc/inittab into run-level 3 and not in run-level 5 as it is default. If you need X for administration purpose, you should start it from command line when needed.