Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have setup a new dedicated server with Linux operating system. For some reason cookies are not working properly or basically not wokring at all. A dev created a website ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

need help ASAP

I have setup a new dedicated server with Linux operating system. For some reason cookies are not working properly or basically not wokring at all.

A dev created a website for me and tested it fully on his server. The website has 2 parts. main site and control panel.

Anything under httpdocs works fine - main site
    Under httpdocs/control folder the cookies are not working - control panel

I know this sounds dumb but is this possible ? how can I check if cookies are enabled for server ? or troubleshoot this further ?

Versions:

mysql 3.23.58-9
    Php 4.3.4-11

I login in to the dedicated server via plesk 7.5 reloaded. Anyone with any knowledge on what I can do to test or fix please let em know. thanx

Just Joined!
    Linux version Linux 2.6.5-1.358

Just Joined!

Cookie Monster

I know with my limited knowlege of cookies, it's got to be enabled through PHP if that's what you're using - sessions I believe (correct me if I'm wrong)

I would create a small php page to look at with this code in it:
    ##########################
    <?php
    phpinfo();
    ?>
    ##########################

Then look at this page in your browser and it'll give you a whole listing of what's enabled - including sessions and cookies

hope it helps - good luck