Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey, I am kinda new to linux, dealt with it a few times, and right now I have Clark Connect (linux) running as a gateway/router/server for my home network. Although ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Linux Server/Desktop

Hey, I am kinda new to linux, dealt with it a few times, and right now I have Clark Connect (linux) running as a gateway/router/server for my home network. Although clark connect works great as a server for my web site and what not, the computer it is running on is just so slow. I have a Dell 4600 running Media Center 2004 right now (yea, i know, windows, ehh) and just bought another hard drive to put in that machine just for linux. it will be used as a linux box, but when i need to record a tv show or watch tv or something, i can boot to MCE. Anyway, to the question. When I install Linux on this box (downloading Fedora, want SuSE but don't want to pay for it) can i use this machine as my web/ftp server as well? I'm not real sure how that works. any help will be greatly appreciated.

Just Joined!
    You most certainly can..... if you want an "all the bells and whistles" webserver without all the fuss take a look at http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html

Dave