Find the answer to your Linux question:
This morning i had a power cut which has thrown my apache and php configuration out of the window! Upon restarting apache i get the following error message: [root@server apache2]# ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Problem starting apache with PHP

This morning i had a power cut which has thrown my apache and php configuration out of the window! Upon restarting apache i get the following error message:

[root@server apache2]# bin/apachectl start
    Syntax error on line 148 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
    Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.so into server: /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.so: cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied

I have tried doing a recompile of php but it still gives this message. Also tried removing the reference to the php module from the httpd.conf and it starts up with no problems (obviously without php).

If anyone could help would be appreciated so i can minimise my downtime.

thanks.

Did you try re-compiling apache? I believe the module is created on Apache's compile rather than php's.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Just Joined!

SELinux

The problem is not your config or the compiling of Apache. I have the same problem and I am able to get everything working if I disable SELinux. As of yet I still have not found a work around without disabling SELinux.

Just Joined!
    yep too true im afraid. Disabling SELinux was the only way forward. The bad news is, it isnt fixed in FC4

Just Joined!

FC4 PHP APCHE MOD_SSL

I figured it out, I am able to now leave SELinux on. If you go to the directory were the permissions are denied and type “ls –lcontext” this will show you the additional permissions applied. To fix the problem go to the directory of the files having permission problems and type “chcon <filename> -t shlib_t” This will give apache the permissions it needs to run those files.

Just Joined!
    sounds good to me jecker! I'll try it later and let you know how i get on.

Just Joined!

SELinux

FYI this command "ls --lcontext" is LS --LCONTEXT in lower case. This command will show you the additional permissions provided by SELinux.

Just Joined!
    works a treat!! Thanks a lot