Find the answer to your Linux question:
I want to run a MySQL 5 Db on a linux platform for development purposes. The question is which distribution works best with MySQL 5. I would like to use ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux Distribution to run a MySQL 5.0 db ?

I want to run a MySQL 5 Db on a linux platform for development purposes. The question is which distribution works best with MySQL 5. I would like to use run level 5 and 3 as part of my evaluation process.

I have RH9 at the moment but after installing the rpm for MySQL 5 it seems to have issues with stack size (192K)and password problems for root. The MySQL supplied with my RH9 was 3.24.11a or something. Would compiling from a tar be better?

I am looking to start from scratch and just wondered which Distribution would be best for me. I realise MySQL 5 is a beta version but I need the new "views" support etc.

Just Joined!
    MadTrapper,
    I am not sure for MYSQL 5, which version would be best but my suggestion is if you are using MySQL 4. + to then RH distribution will run better.

Actually, every new vision will have to wait it may have some issue with any of the OS. I assume that MySql 5 will also run smoothly with RH but, I havenít heard any major glitch with it.

Thanks,

Just Joined!
    Why don't you try Gentoo ?

I installed to test it once, still use it 2 yeas later.

Phil

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

RH9 & MySQL 5

I did everything again and it now works. the "issues" were likely me. thanks for the replies. The database flies given the P400/256 it is working on. MySQL Rocks!

John