Find the answer to your Linux question:
At the moment I'm using SquirrelMail (over QMail, and Courier IMAP, on Mandrake 10.1). It does the job and I'm fairly happy with it but it is a bit basic. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Alternatives to Squirrelmail

At the moment I'm using SquirrelMail (over QMail, and Courier IMAP, on Mandrake 10.1).

It does the job and I'm fairly happy with it but it is a bit basic. I'm interested in looking at alternatives, something a bit more advanced or maybe just a bit better looking ... what other IMAP webmail clients are recommended?

Just Joined!
    If you have a look i think you will find Squirrelmail to be very easy to personalise. There are a few style sheets that you can modify, change the login screen image. I reckon if you were willing to give it a go you could do pretty much what you wanted with it visually... if not i dont know any alternatives.

Just Joined!
    if you really want to make it more appealing, try to install more plugins on it that can be found on its website

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by aioshin
    if you really want to make it more appealing, try to install more plugins on it that can be found on its website
    Thanks .. I've installed the image_buttons plugin and changed to a different template which has jazzed it up a bit.

That should hopefully keep me happy for a couple more months!

Just Joined!
    I would reccomend IMP, part of the Horde framework. I like the way it works and looks.

Just Joined!
    Is there a way to get squirrelmail to display html emails?

I've never set it up before, so maybe this is an obvious answer. But my school's email used it, and it was annoying that it couldn't do html. It could just be our crappy technician.

The reason I ask is I'd like to setup an email server soon, but I don't want that to be a limitation.

Yep, it's set on a per user basis and is switched off by default.

You just need to log in and go to Options - Display Preferences, and set "Show HTML Version by Default" to Yes.

If anyone knows how to remove the 'Image removed for safety reasons' thing from HTML messages I'd really like to know.

Just Joined!
    Haha, I guess I just never saw that. I see it now though, thanks!

Can you set it to "yes" by default? If I were to have non-computery people using it, that would be much easier.