Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone! This is my first post. Hopefully I can soon be able to give answers and not just ask questions. I have Apache 2.0.54 installed in /usr/local and the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

phpMyAdmin

Hi everyone! This is my first post. Hopefully I can soon be able to give answers and not just ask questions. I have Apache 2.0.54 installed in /usr/local and the websever works. I have MySql 4.1.12 also installed. I want to install phpMyAdmin 2.6.2 and I afaid I not sure of the directory it is to be installed in. I know it's to go into the webserver's document root. I do not know where that is. Can anyone give this newbie a hand. Maybe a small install tutorial. Thanks in advance.

Do you know where you httpd.conf file is? If so, you can go to that and see what your DocumentRoot is set to.

In a default slackware install (which I what I have) the root is /var/www/htdocs. You might want to do an:

slocate www, slocate htdocs or something from the cli.

Different distros are setup differently, so you might want to post what you are using.

In any event, once you find out where you doc root is, just copy those files to it. In my case, I created a subfolder under my document root for it...
    Join the Open Source Revolution. Support GNU/Linux.

Find me at: www.deeksworld.com
    Registered GNU/Linux User #395777

Just Joined!
    I found it in /var/www/html. Do I need to uninstall the entire directory and reinstall in /var/www/html or can I just move the directory there?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    You can just move it to the right place. If you have already run the config, you might have to do that again or tweak a couple things because it is in a different location.
    Join the Open Source Revolution. Support GNU/Linux.

Find me at: www.deeksworld.com
    Registered GNU/Linux User #395777