Find the answer to your Linux question:
Currently I am serving a single site using a linux webserver. I do not have anything fancy working with apache. I installed the webserver version of fedora core 3, turned ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

apache configuration...

Currently I am serving a single site using a linux webserver. I do not have anything fancy working with apache. I installed the webserver version of fedora core 3, turned on apache and dropped the files in /var/www/html.

I now want to serve another site from the same machine. How would I go about doing this? I figured I would need to make usernames and host the files for each site in different folders, but how can I make apache handle the requests from the different urls?

Also, if i setup the box to also work with ftp will the usernames and passwords that I create for the webserver also be applicable to ftp? For example, if site 1 wanted to upload files, is it possible for them to ftp to my server, enter their user and pass and then dump their files in their directory.

I understand this is a rather long question, but hopefully someone can help.

cheers.

Linux Engineer
    Read on Apache Virtual Hosts, that's what you're looking for.
    serzsite.com.ar
    "All the drugs in this world won\'t save you from yourself"

Quote Originally Posted by serz
    Read on Apache Virtual Hosts, that's what you're looking for.
    specifically Name-Based Virtual Hosts

Just Joined!
    thanks for the link