Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am ready to introduce a 2nd apache server to my network but am not sure how to configure it. My router is currently configured to send all requests for ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Using 2 apache web servers

I am ready to introduce a 2nd apache server to my network but am not sure how to configure it. My router is currently configured to send all requests for port 80 and 443 to my Mandrake Linux server. How can I configure it so if I put mydomain.com/server2 in a browser on the Internet it will go to my 2nd apache box? I figure my first server will proxy the requests for the 2nd server somehow but am not sure.

Thanks for any help!

Just Joined!
    is there any particular reason you dont just serve both pages from your current webserver? It isn't hard to configure apache to serve multiple sites.

Unless your sites are getting huge amounts of hits theres really no need to setup two different boxes.

Linux Newbie
    If you really need two servers, you could probably set it up so that a request for any page under /server2 (just /server2, or /server2/test.html, etc) would be redirected to the same place, but port 81 (http://whatever.com:81/server2/test.html), which would be forwarded to your second server.
    200mhz Pentium 1 with MMX, 128mb RAM, 10gb Seagate HDD. Beastly.

Quote Originally Posted by judhkqkhsd
    is there any particular reason you dont just serve both pages from your current webserver? It isn't hard to configure apache to serve multiple sites.

Unless your sites are getting huge amounts of hits theres really no need to setup two different boxes.
    It's just for testing really. I have one box as my live server for smtp/imap/webmail and I'm testing groupware products on another box. I don't really want to test software on my live box which is running quite nicely.

Linux Newbie
    If it's just for testing, run it on a different port and forward that port to your test machine.
    200mhz Pentium 1 with MMX, 128mb RAM, 10gb Seagate HDD. Beastly.