Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok im wondering if anyone has had experiance in setting up a freeradius server with live user registration. Currently we have a public wireless lan that we wish to put ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Radius

Ok im wondering if anyone has had experiance in setting up a freeradius server with live user registration. Currently we have a public wireless lan that we wish to put some control on (mainly knowing valid user emails). Radius is somthing i prefare to use for scaling reasons. If any one here have had experiance please could you share information? Thankyou in advance.

I am sorry, I have never heard of a Radius server before, but from what I see, its a pam based authentication method, there seems to be a strong user community surronding it, you best bet is to subscribe to the mailing list and to read the FAQ available on their site.

In addition I found a relativly well done howto on doing this with a mysql database for user info instead. Follow the mailing list for a week or 2 and you will start to get a better idea of how the program fits together. But make sure you search their archives before posting .
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Linux User
    Ive read it and im going to try get it up and running. Just one thing ill probably need help on the registration interface.

Just wondering is any one here experianced with sql and web development to create the self user registration. If so can you please PM for arrangement of this.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close