Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a fedora 3 installation. I installed FreeRADIUS and dialup_admin and everything seems to work but when FreeRADIUS tries to communicate with MySQL I get the message "Could not ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

FreeRADIUS and MySQL

I have a fedora 3 installation. I installed FreeRADIUS and dialup_admin and everything seems to work but when FreeRADIUS tries to communicate with MySQL I get the message "Could not connect to sql database". Note that MySQL is running. Having installed everything from fedora distribution what is the problem?

Just Joined!

me too have a same requirement..

When i am tried radusd -X then i received the message like

[FONT="Courier New"]sql: postauth_query = "INSERT into radpostauth (id, user, pass, reply, date) values ('', '%{User-Name}', '%{User-Password:-Chap-Password}', '%{reply:Packet-Type}', NOW())"
    sql: safe-characters = "@abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUV WXYZ0123456789.-_: /"
    rlm_sql (sql): Could not link driver rlm_sql_mysql: rlm_sql_mysql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    rlm_sql (sql): Make sure it (and all its dependent libraries!) are in the search path of your system's ld.
    radiusd.conf[14]: sql: Module instantiation failed.
    radiusd.conf[1825] Unknown module "sql".
    radiusd.conf[1753] Failed to parse authorize section.
    [/FONT]

Can anybody solve this problem???

Manojkumar.N.P.