Find the answer to your Linux question:
so i am having a problem gettting my server to run the mysql daemon on startup. I am using fedora core 3. Right now all I have done is go ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

mysql daemon

so i am having a problem gettting my server to run the mysql daemon on startup.

I am using fedora core 3. Right now all I have done is go into my /etc/init.d folder and dropped the mysqld (from the mysql directory) into it. I also opened /etc/rc.d/rc3.d and dropped the daemon there as well.

but it still does not initialize with my other daemons on startup. What is the proper way of doing this??

thanks!

Just Joined!

Re: mysql daemon

Quote Originally Posted by judhkqkhsd
    so i am having a problem gettting my server to run the mysql daemon on startup.

I am using fedora core 3. Right now all I have done is go into my /etc/init.d folder and dropped the mysqld (from the mysql directory) into it. I also opened /etc/rc.d/rc3.d and dropped the daemon there as well.

but it still does not initialize with my other daemons on startup. What is the proper way of doing this??

thanks!
    if you are in run level 3 then in /etc/rc3.d/@K12mysqld replace with @S12mysqld. (change only letter K to S)
    i thing this could work

Linux Newbie
    try symlinking the process from the init.d folder into the rc3.d folder.

You should not put daemon files directly into the /etc/init.d directory - this is for scripts for stuff that should start or stop at various runlevels.

If mysql is installed properly the SYSV init scripts should also be installed. You can enable them and disable them manually, but life is much easier if you log on through X and use one of the graphical runlevel editors that are available - you just click radio buttons for the services you want running in each runlevel.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Just Joined!
    ok.

logged in with X.

where do I go altering this SYSV file. What tools do I use?

thanks