Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi i'm in a network belong LAN i connect to the internet thru my office i've installed apache webserver is it impossible my web in my pc could open in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[ask] webserver using apache

hi i'm in a network belong LAN
    i connect to the internet thru my office
    i've installed apache webserver
    is it impossible my web in my pc could open in internet?

Just Joined!
    it is possible.

1. You need a fixed IP from your ISP or use Dnamic DNS (a service where your ip adress is checked regularly and updated).
    2. open up port 80 on the router and point it to your machine
    3. setup apache correctly

Wait for the DNS servers to update and you're ready

Just Joined!
    can you give me some article about dynamic dns?
    but here, i'm in LAN and my IP is 10.1.1.159
    and the gatewey is 10.1.1.4

but when i'm online i'm detected as "202.46.67.163"
    sorry i'm nubie about this

the 202.46.67.168 is your office routers IP address on the internet, all your office internet traffic goes out through that address.

If that address is assigned dynamically by your office's ISP, then that address can change - so you need to register it with a dynamic DNS company, and change the IP in the DNS registration every time the ISP assigned a new IP address, so that people outside can do lookups based on your chosen name and always get the right one.

You need to poke a hole through your office router, then it needs to forward connectios to port 80 on your inside-lan IP (10.1.1.159), if port 80 is already in use, then use a different one (say, 800 or 8080), users can still get to your web server by adding a colon and the forwarded port to the end of their url line.

Even if you dont use dynamic DNS, you can still get in using the ip address and port number (e.g. http://202.46.67.163:8080), but the trouble with this is that anyone wanting to connect must know the IP address they're connecting to - and if that can change you can have problems finding the right one, hence the use of a dynamic DNS service.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/