Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am relitivly new to the linux world, and I installed FC3 and set it up as a web server using apache. It is on my LAN to connect to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I recently set up a webserver using apache but no one can access it

I am relitivly new to the linux world, and I installed FC3 and set it up as a web server using apache. It is on my LAN to connect to the internet and I can acces it, but when other people try to access it, it says things like page not found. I am currently registered with dyndns.org at http://mysite.ath.cx. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Just Joined!
    well here are some potential problems:

1) your files and folders in the directory you choose to serve your pages in do not have the proper permissions.

2) Your router is not forwarding requests from port 80 on the router to your webserver (assuming you have a router).

3) you are serving your pages in a different directory you are dropping them into...apache serves the files from /var/www/html in fedora 3 by default.

hope that helps...if you want to give more specific info about your setup i can try to help more.

I have checked that I have the proper permissions and I have enabled DMZ on my network router. I have made shure that port 80 is not blocked by my router. And I have files in that directory and they work fine for me, but no one else can see them. I also have a program installed called webmin, it is on port 10000 and other people can access that. But not the web server, which leeds me to believe that my ISP has blocked incomeing requests on port 80.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close