Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I'm having problems trying to schedule jobs with 'at'. I am running Redhat linux 3. I am sending a weekly newsletter via a php front-end & perl script that ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

at scheduling problem - apache issue?

Hi,
    I'm having problems trying to schedule jobs with 'at'. I am running Redhat linux 3. I am sending a weekly newsletter via a php front-end & perl script that does the bulk mailing. I can run the perl script manually so there is no problem with that. I have tested the scheduler & scheduled test scripts, they are listed when I do an 'atq', but then disappear & do not run. I have scheduled the jobs thru the php script when they are run under 'apache user' and manually using root, each time they are scheduled correctly with a job no. etc but just seem to disappear. I'm not sure which logs etc to start looking at as I am fairly new to linux admin...anyone else heard of or having a similar problem? btw it was working a month ago but I have no idea why it has ceased to work, we have always had related problems.
    thanks,

::Moderator note:: I removed this same post in the "Linux Newbie" section. Please only post questions in one area. It makes it harder for us to help you if we have two sets of answers to deal with.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants