Find the answer to your Linux question:
howdee, i'm trying to configure my server to allow PHP scripts to execute for things such as phpBB forum, Mambo shopping cart, and even hangman php game! when i try ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

problems executing php scripts on apache2

howdee,

i'm trying to configure my server to allow PHP scripts to execute for things such as phpBB forum, Mambo shopping cart, and even hangman php game!

when i try to execute any PHP script i get a '500 Internal Server Error' in the browser. When i look up the server error log it states:
    [Mon Sep 05 11:21:50 2005] [error] [client *ip address*] (Exec format error
    : exec of '*absolute location of script*/index.php' failed

Running Apache/2.0.49 (Unix) on Redhat linux 7.3 kernal 2.4.18-3, php 5.0.4.
    I compiled both from source code according to the supplied INSTALL file with no errors being reported.

I am executing the scripts from the 'scriptalias' directory with chmod 775 for the script.

any clues?

Linux Enthusiast
    please don't post in more than one forum

Just Joined!
    i'm new in here and im just looking for help. i got told to post this question in this part of the forum because i posted in the wrong spot earlier.
    the mods can delete one or both posts if it really upsets you that much but i'm only seeking some friendly advice if thats ok? :P

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close