Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok this thread does not fit exactly to "Servers", but this file is missing to build my libphp5.so, i need for my apache. So, where can i get this file ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

libintl.so

Ok this thread does not fit exactly to "Servers", but this file is missing to build my libphp5.so, i need for my apache.

So, where can i get this file from?

TNX

Linux Engineer
    you need to install php5...what distro are you using, you could dl the source and then ./configure, make, and make install; however, you could also use your distro's package management system to get the file. E.G. if you use fedora you could "yum search libphp5" or "yum search php5" and find the one that fits correctly and "yum install whatever" If you use apt or emerge you would follow similar process.
    Operating System: GNU Emacs

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by genesus
    you need to install php5...what distro are you using, you could dl the source and then ./configure, make, and make install; however, you could also use your distro's package management system to get the file. E.G. if you use fedora you could "yum search libphp5" or "yum search php5" and find the one that fits correctly and "yum install whatever" If you use apt or emerge you would follow similar process.
    ive got the trouble because i build php5:
    configure ok (yes with --with-apxs2 ), make ok, but no phplib.so appears and so make install cant do its job
    i googled around and found the reason: libintl.so is missing

im using debian

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    have you tried apt? I googled around a bit as well and it seems that others have had similar problems.
    Operating System: GNU Emacs

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by genesus
    have you tried apt?
    I dont understand how "apt-get install php5" can helpme beacuse ive already the php5 source code. Compiling is passing well but i get no libphp5.so because the linker is missing the libintl.so