Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am raja, a graduate cs student and i am a linux newbie.I have a need to transfer files from one linux server to another ( the files are servlets ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

is there a FTP utility in linux

I am raja, a graduate cs student and i am a linux newbie.I have a need to transfer files from one linux server to another ( the files are servlets running in apache tomcat to be precise). I can download the files from the first server and then upload them again to the second one( i mean manually copying each again and again ).. Is there a FTP utility that would help me to tranfer files between two linux machines?

Do you mean an FTP Client? If so, there is gFTP and KBear.

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

Linux Enthusiast
    To transfer files to and from Linux machines, it's probably better to use "scp" or "sftp"; since they are encrypted. And "scp" allows you to transfer stuff directly in one line on the command line.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    If you need an FTP client Krusader is one I recommend based on my expereince. I use it every day. It's easy and efficient and doubles as a file manager as well.

Daniel