Find the answer to your Linux question:
we send our clients some online newspaper. For sending newspapers we use a php script that use php mailier. And we save our newspaper mail list members mail addresses on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

mysql and phpmailer problem

we send our clients some online newspaper. For sending newspapers we use a php script that use php mailier. And we save our newspaper mail list members mail addresses on a myqsl table. When the number of the list members increase, the other people who are not in the list recieve our newspaper. I can not get that which one creates the problem, mysql or phpmailer? But I guess the cache of mysql holds the old names and mistakenly sends mails the old members or the other lists members. So how can I flush the mysql caches? My mysql version is 3.23.32. And I tried the command FLUSH QUERY CACHE but it does not work. Have any one encounter problem like this one? If so what can be the solution? Thanks...

Linux Engineer
    Why do you use phpmailer...Try this insted. If you have all you reciptients in a database table and the adresses in a separate column.

Code:
    $query    = "select email from mailinglist";
    $result   = mysql_query($query) or die ("\nFailed to execute SQl-query to gather emailreciptients\n");

while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {
    		$MAILADRESS = $row[0];

mail("$MAILADRESS", "New information from our website, created by andutt@utterberg.com", "$MESSAGE", "$headers");
    }

This works fine...
    Regards

Andutt