Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey guys. I'm going crazy over here trying to setup VSFTPD on my FC4 box. I'm not sure what i'm missing here but whenever i issue an upload command i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

VSFTPD unable to issue any write commands

Hey guys. I'm going crazy over here trying to setup VSFTPD on my FC4 box. I'm not sure what i'm missing here but whenever i issue an upload command i get a 553 error could not create file. I also get errors when i attempt to delete files or create directories etc. Vsftpd.conf has been configured to allow write commands and the user owns the directory and has write access. If you guys could look over my configuration and give any pointers I'd greatly appreciate it, thanks. I have vsftpd running in initd.

/etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf
    Code:
    anonymous_enable=NO
    local_enable=YES
    write_enable=YES
    local_umask=022
    anon_upload_enable=YES
    dirmessage_enable=YES
    xferlog_enable=YES
    connect_from_port_20=YES
    xferlog_std_format=YES
    chroot_list_enable=YES
    chroot_local_user=YES
    chroot_list_file=/etc/vsftpd/chroot_list
    pam_service_name=vsftpd
    userlist_enable=YES
    listen=YES
    tcp_wrappers=YES
    The user dimebag logs into the FTP into his home directory:
    Code:
    drwxrwxrwx   2 dimebag dimebag 4096 Sep 24 17:18 dimebag
    I'm really not sure what else to try. I also logged in as root and got the same results, I can download files just fine, just no write commands for some reason, This is after a fresh format as well, the system has not been altered at all. I can supply more information if needed, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Just Joined!
    Ok, it looks like it is an ownership issue with the users home directory. I logged in as the user and in the users home directory /home/dimebag/ I created a directory. I then had full access, I could upload, delete, etc.

Here is the details on the directory I created.
    Code:
    drwxrwxr-x  2 dimebag dimebag 4096 Sep 24 18:44 Directory
    What do i need to do to give the user full access to his home directory?[/quote]