Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hiiii there!!!!!!! I had configure the SAMBA server in my RED HAT LINUX 9.0 which is working perfectly fine when i want to access windows data from the network but ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

SAMBA server question...

Hiiii there!!!!!!!

I had configure the SAMBA server in my RED HAT LINUX 9.0 which is working perfectly fine when i want to access windows data from the network but the problem arise when i am having files shared from both windows and linux.... Network did not show anything shared when i try to access my PC.

How should i solve it?? I want that when i boot from Windows my windows file should be shared otherwise if i boot from linux the linux folders should be shared.

Thanks for time and consideration

Use NFS to mount exported directories in Linux (using /etc/exports on the server and fstab on the client). The man pages for nfs are really helpful here.

Samba is a little more complex, but still very worthwhile if you're sharing files to windows machines. Make sure your password mechanism is set up correctly, you want to turn on encrypted passwords on the server and set everyone's password with smbpasswd to the same as their windows password. It's easiest to make sure all your windows users have a unix server account on the main system, and if windows and linux user names differ, use the /etc/samba/smbusers file to map windows usernames to linux ones.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/