Results 1 to 2 of 2
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
[SOLVED] Help getting Samba share working..
thanks in advance.
Blimey, that seems pretty dangerous. Are you sure you want to do this? Are you sure you can trust _all_ the people that use your lan?
- make sure your workgroup is set to 'Workgroup' in smb.conf
- turn on encrypted passwords in smb.conf
- make sure you have a user alias for root in /etc/samba/smbusers that looks like this:
- set root's samba password with smbpasswd to the same as the 'administrator' on your windows computer.
- set up a share with '/' as the directory path, read+write access and proper user/group control (read man smb.conf for help with this)
- restart samba
- log in as administrator on the windows machine and test your config - you should just be able to log in without entering a password or username in this config. If you're a different user, it should ask for a username and password.Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/