Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just installed Fedora Core 4 on a system. Everything works great except my Apache Virtual hosting and my ftp. 1. When I ftp in using proftp the users aren't ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Fedora Core 4 - Apache Virtual Hosting and FTP problem - Please help if you can

I just installed Fedora Core 4 on a system. Everything works great except my Apache Virtual hosting and my ftp.
    1. When I ftp in using proftp the users aren't able to see anything they is in their home directories unless they are part of the adm group. In my past setup with FC3 and below that worked great, and when a user was in the adm group they just were not locked in their home directory, and if they were not in the adm group they could see their home directory but nothing else. I am using proftp with the defualt settings.

2. I have apache virtual hosting setup and I am only getting the defualt Fedora Core Apache test page. It isn't going to any of the correct directories for the virtual hosting. Also I have some soft links and they won't work either. They say permission denied. I changed the permissions to 777 on some of the directories to make sure that i wasn't a permission problem and I also added all users to the apache group so that wouldn't be a problem either. Below is an example of my setup. If someone can please help me fix the problem I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks,
    Allen

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName example.us
    ServerAlias www.example.us
    DocumentRoot /home/example/public_html
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/example/public_html/cgi-bin/
    <Directory />
    AllowOverride All
    Options +Includes
    </Directory>
    </VirtualHost>

Just Joined!

Re: Fedora Core 4 - Apache Virtual Hosting and FTP problem - Please help if you can

Quote Originally Posted by wallenc71
    2. I have apache virtual hosting setup and I am only getting the defualt Fedora Core Apache test page. It isn't going to any of the correct directories for the virtual hosting.
    Maybe this is obvious, but did you specify the NameVirtualHost directive?