Find the answer to your Linux question:
I really like GMail, any way to get the same web interface on my server, with out programming one? I have seen a project that some one was working on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

GMail Like email interface?

I really like GMail, any way to get the same web interface on my server, with out programming one? I have seen a project that some one was working on a year ago to emulate gmail on a linux server, but cant find a reference to that now. Any ideas?

- Bogdan

Linux User
    the name escapes me, i personaly would try squrial mail, althou theres some other group ware ones.
    All i want for christmas is a new liver....a second chance to get afflicted with Cirrhosis

here is a pretty cool interface http://www.roundcube.net/

its written with AJAX. looks very similar to the NEW hotmail and yahoo mail. I haven't installed it or played with it yet but it looks really nice

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    RoundCube Looks grate. I think I'll give it a try on my server. It really is not quite what I am looking for, but it is very cool looking, and has many functions I need. However the main function I am looking for is labels, like in GMail. Basically, so say I get an email from ebay about a part I won, I can label it as eBay, Car, and Purchase email. This really does not work well with a folder organization schema. You could probably do this with folders but that would require way too much work on my part, and at the core I am very lazy, especially when it comes to routine stuff

- Bogdan