Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have 2 servers to update, A DNS server and a Sendmail server. Both on old RedHat installs going over to SuSE ES 9. The DNS should be easy, but ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

copying Sendmail installation

I have 2 servers to update, A DNS server and a Sendmail server. Both on old RedHat installs going over to SuSE ES 9. The DNS should be easy, but is there a walk through anywhere on what files I need to copy over for Sendmail? Sendmail.cf, aliases, access.db etc etc etc???

Thanks in advance,

Nik

Linux User

Re: copying Sendmail installation

Quote Originally Posted by NikTheGeek
    I have 2 servers to update, A DNS server and a Sendmail server. Both on old RedHat installs going over to SuSE ES 9. The DNS should be easy, but is there a walk through anywhere on what files I need to copy over for Sendmail? Sendmail.cf, aliases, access.db etc etc etc???

Thanks in advance,

Nik
    i would use exim since it has compatibility with sendmail configs
    All i want for christmas is a new liver....a second chance to get afflicted with Cirrhosis

Just Joined!
    I have to use Sendmail as the machine will also be running Sophos PureMessage for Unix/Linux on it as our AV solution and that requires Sendmail.

I'm happy finding my way around Sendmail, adding aliases, ip access lists, block lists, relaying, etc etc, I just want to make sure I don't miss a file so that on the grand switch over, non of the 4000 or so mail accounts lose anything...

Thanks,

Nik

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    OK, If I understand you corectly, then copy following files
    sendmail.mc
    Your user accounts map file virtusertable
    If you are relaying some host, then copy relay-domains
    If you have set some accecc controls, copy access
    if you have configuered any ather file of sendmail other than default setting then copy those as well, remember to use
    make
    after copying files