Find the answer to your Linux question:
what do i need to have my server running in redhat 9.0 i know that i need apache, is that all need or do i need other programs to run ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

need help with server

what do i need to have my server running in redhat 9.0
    i know that i need apache, is that all need or do i need other programs to run my server

Erm, what kind of server do you want to settup?

For a plain old webserver all you need is apache.
    If you want to use things like php or sql databases with the webserver you'll have to install PHP and mysql.
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Linux Newbie

server

just a simple server to start off

Linux User
    Is there a particular reason you are running a version of Redhat that is over 2 years old that you can not get updates for anymore ?

If you are planning on running it as a server, especially on the Internet I would look at switching to something more current that still has security updates avail..

just my opinion..
    far...out

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by farslayer
    Is there a particular reason you are running a version of Redhat that is over 2 years old that you can not get updates for anymore ?

If you are planning on running it as a server, especially on the Internet I would look at switching to something more current that still has security updates avail..

just my opinion..
    Id recomend you use a upto date distro with possibly a version forom the 1.3.x serires of apache, since its more secure and supports basic stuff well
    All i want for christmas is a new liver....a second chance to get afflicted with Cirrhosis