So I was browsing through the tldp.org How-To's the other day, and came upon a pretty interesting article: Mock Mainframe. I start reading, and the more I read the more it interests me. Now, I want to implement one of these in my house. I know it's a pretty ambitious project, but I think the end result is a lot nicer than what I currently have going on here (everyone has their own computer and we get new ones ever 2 years).

I followed some of the links on the article, specially the ltsp.org one, which actually gave the most amount of info, but I still don't think I have enough information to even think about starting a project as big as thing. I was wondering if anyone here has looked into it and has more information or can point me in the right direction.

Please keep in mind I'm not an expert Linux user, probably more towards the center of the intermidiate user spectrum. I don't have any experience with servers, or mainframes for that matter. I'd also like to stick with more standarized tools (ie: programs that are available with distros) rather than use LTSP's tool kit.