Find the answer to your Linux question:
Okay. So I'm running my own server and fooling around with it, trying to get everything working. Well, I want to use GreyMatter more than once. That's not a problem. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Apache2 and GreyMatter (a cgi problem)

Okay. So I'm running my own server and fooling around with it, trying to get everything working. Well, I want to use GreyMatter more than once. That's not a problem. I know how to do that. The problem is this:

GreyMatter works for the default address. But I have a subdirectory, /home/usrname/public_html, where I should be able to access from the internet. And I can. It comes up right. But GreyMatter needs to be installed in /cgi-bin. So I created /home/usrname/public_html/cgi-bin in an effort to solve the problem. I installed the .cgi files there. But when I try to configure greymatter by accessing localhost/~usr/cgi-bin/gm.cgi, text is displayed instead of the program that is supposed to run!

I checked the GM forums, and they say that Perl5 may not be installed, or it may not be configured to run CGI scripts. But I know it is, because I can go to localhost/cgi-bin/gm.cgi to configure or update my main GM installation. I'm so confused. Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

Linux Newbie
    CGI files are kept under /var/www/cgi-bin usually... You might want to try putting your files there.
    You can only be young once. But you can always be immature.

Just Joined!
    Okay. But what if I need a user to access those files for HIS website?
    For example:
    In /srv/www/cgi-bin, I have the files for the root website's GreyMatter. I need a SEPERATE folder for a second GM installation, accessible from localhost/~user/cgi-bin....how can I do this?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close