Find the answer to your Linux question:
im using apache2 right now, and it seems to be working fine. my only problem is that whenever i hover over a link, the status bar at the bottom displays ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ip address in status bar

im using apache2 right now, and it seems to be working fine. my only problem is that whenever i hover over a link, the status bar at the bottom displays 67.168.129.62/location.whatever instead of www.buymycomputers.com/location.whatever

i have found no similar problems on the forums, and can find no way to fix it. does anyone know the problem?

Just Joined!
    come on! i know someone out there has had this problem and figured it out.

Linux Engineer
    The first thing that I would do is log on to your registrar's site and make sure that you have domain forwarding setup correctly, I think masking prevents this...mine has a simple check box to only show the domain name and never the ip, not sure about all of them though...

Next, I'd make sure you have your dns server setup correctly, though most registrars will handle this for you,.
    Operating System: GNU Emacs

Just Joined!
    im currently using godaddy.com. here is what the domain forwarding page looks like.

domain forwarded to: 67.168.129.62

domain masking box: checked

masked title: www.buymycomputers.com

i dont see anything else that looks helpful. also, what do you mean by
    Next, I'd make sure you have your dns server setup correctly, though most registrars will handle this for you,.
    im a server noob, and not sure what that means.