Find the answer to your Linux question:
kay, i have a debian box with an apache server properly running on it. i have two questions: 1.) Can someone point me in the right direction to learn how ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Remote access

kay, i have a debian box with an apache server properly running on it. i have two questions:
    1.) Can someone point me in the right direction to learn how to access my files from a web-based administrative tool?
    2.) Can someone tell me what a good (free) web-based administrative tool is?

Thanks,
    Dan

Just Joined!
    webmin has a section for configuring apache

Linux Newbie
    thanks that looks pretty neat, but it says it has its own web server. i dont really need that, i just need to be able to edit my stuff from other computers. ill look into this though.

Thanks,
    Dan

Just Joined!

Solution

Use zpanel, easy to install, with zpanel u can adduser, modify, limit the quota user, its like cpanel, get it on http://www.thezpanel.com/

:P

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDan
    thanks that looks pretty neat, but it says it has its own web server. i dont really need that, i just need to be able to edit my stuff from other computers. ill look into this though.

Thanks,
    Dan
    Webmin runs on it own webserver, so that you can access webmin over the internet (if you desire) and configure your apache settings over the internet. If your running it locally only, you still have to connect through a web browser at http://localhost:10000

Ive never actually used the apache configuration stuff, so it might suck, everything ive used is great though)

Linux Newbie
    k so far so good, i installed it and set it up to run for my apache server. one problem..

when i try to access it is doesnt run the index.cgi as a script, but instead tries to download it to my computer. ahh....

id like it to run as a perl script so i can actually use webmin...