Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello i want to run a css server and website server and a forum on the same box but i was wonder which distro would work the best? for i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Counter-strike:source server

Hello i want to run a css server and website server and a forum on the same box but i was wonder which distro would work the best? for i css server i currently thinking of ubuntu server distro....plz help i am a nub

The distro isn't necessarily the problem, they're going to be much of a muchness, just pick your fave.

The real problem is bandwidth. Are you sure you have enough? You might have a lot of down-bandwidth on your connection, but you might find your upload speeds quite restrictive if you're on ADSL. Also, be prepared for having no bandwidth left for other things...

Maybe you should look at hosting this on a dedicated server one someone elses bandwidth?
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Just Joined!
    What all do I need to run a CSS server I have a dedicated OC12 Server that I get threw work for free? Is it hard to setup? Do I need to buy a new key?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux User
    i think you would idealy need a system that idealy is 2.8 to 3ghz+ server, 1 to 1.5 gig of ram, the ideal hard drive would be somthing fast like a 10,000 although a fast hd is not required
    All i want for christmas is a new liver....a second chance to get afflicted with Cirrhosis

Just Joined!
    Well I have all that it's a Dual 3.2 Xeon with 4 SCSI 10K rpm drives and 4 gigs of ram. It's my web/ftp server right now and I'm not even useing 30% of the resources at the highest points of use.