Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi, i have a windows server which is hosting a website, now what i want to do is, setup a different server (linux server) which hosts all the images, so ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

images on linux host

hi,

i have a windows server which is hosting a website, now what i want to do is, setup a different server (linux server) which hosts all the images, so that when my website is accessed.. like http://mysite.com the webspages are loaded from windows server and the images are loaded from linux server, how can i configure it, what type of setup will be best required.. and one more thing is when i upload an image from the browser on windows server it should automatically get saved on linux machine and not on windows server.. is it possible ?? what type of solution is best for it ??

Goof..

Just Joined!
    What you want is possible. There are some things you need to answer so that I can understand your concern.

1. Are you using a web application to upload the images on your windows server? If your answer is YES, who made the web application?

2. Will both servers be on the same network?

Just Joined!

rep.

yes, the pics will be uploaded via web application.. the web application is built in asp.net and yes it is not necessary to be in the same network.. but if the setup looks good in the same network, then i can consider keeping that machine in the same network..

wats the best solution for it ?

Linux User
    That would be broken in my web browser I have the box checked that says..

"Load Images from the Originating website only"

since your images would be hosted on a different site the page would appear broken to me unless I changed my secuity settings.

yuck bad form, but of course HTML is right there for you with the IMG tag to load that image from wherever..

example
    far...out

Just Joined!

Re: rep.

Quote Originally Posted by googlegoofy
    yes, the pics will be uploaded via web application.. the web application is built in asp.net and yes it is not necessary to be in the same network.. but if the setup looks good in the same network, then i can consider keeping that machine in the same network..

wats the best solution for it ?
    1. What is your reason for wanting to put the images in a separate server?

Just Joined!

rep.

why tell hell you are cared abt all that... just let me know.. abt the solution.. or else... leave it..

Just Joined!
    Your idea is not so good. Make your server cool and smooth. You should rethink again.

Just Joined!

rep.

well.. i am using this model as of now.. that images are uploaded and stored on a different server which is a windows machine and now i want to switch taht machine to linux.. so taht i can save my self from getting one license and also. linux is quite stable in that matter.. and yes.. i cannot migrate my web application to php or whatever.. so keep that in mind..