Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Help!! How do I enable my vncserver to allow users to view the whole desktop and not just a terminal window? I setup vnc according to Bikerepairmann post above. If ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Help!!

How do I enable my vncserver to allow users to view the whole desktop and not just a terminal window? I setup vnc according to Bikerepairmann post above.

If I log into Fedora Core as root. And then I try to vnc in from a windows box, I get the whole desktop. Its a remote desktop and I can control the desktop from my windows box.

If I log into Fedore Core as sci_adm (user). And then I try to run vnc from a windows box, I only get a grey screen with a terminal console to type to. But I want the whole remote desktop here too.

Is there anything else I need to setup?

I first got the remote desktop for root to work by going to Desktop -> Preferences -> Remote Desktop and enabling the allow users to control your desktop. But if I log in as a regular user, it won't let me access these options.

Thanks,
    Dan

Just Joined!
    edit /etc/sysconfig/vncserver file and modify as follows:

VNCSERVERS="1:PKS 2:JOHN 3:PETER"

where 1,2,3 are display controls for user " pks, john, peter" respectively.

set "vncpasswd" for each user and run "vncserver" for everybody to grant them Xauthority so that the can login remotely thru VNC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2