Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everyone, I have a problem with my webserver. When I change things on the webpages being hosted, I'm required to reload the page in the browser in order to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy Telling Apache to force browser reload page?

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my webserver. When I change things on the webpages being hosted, I'm required to reload the page in the browser in order to see the changes. If I would just type in the adress and "revisit" the page I won't see the changes... anyone know a way to tell apache to force the browser to download the page again when connecting? It's rellay disturbing since i have a "news-page" and stuff that do get updated now and then ...

I'm grateful for all answer I might get.

--Eest

This is a browser setting - instead of reloading the page it gets it from its own internal cache. It could also be caused by an intervening proxy cache between you and the server.

I cant find a setting for Firefox to force pages to be reloaded on every visit. There is one in Internet Explorer, under 'Tools->Settings..' somewhere (on the connections tab I think). For both these browsers, you can force a page reload that bypasses the caches by doing CTRL-F5.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Just Joined!
    Ah, so there isn't much I can do server-side then? Thanks for replying

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close