Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello All, well I'm not deep into Linux neither apache but so far so good, things are under control except a question that I was asking my self is: My ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

apache behind two routers.....

Hello All,
    well I'm not deep into Linux neither apache but so far so good, things are under control except a question that I was asking my self is:
    My computer is behind two private network, My IP is 192.168.0.100 and I'm behind the router (A)192.168.0.1 and this last is behind the router (B)192.168.1.1 and I would like to setup an apache webserver, so I'm wondering if it is going to work from there or not.
    if there is any help that you can point to like a document Howto or exepmple of a topic, I will be glad to hear from you.
    thx

I'm presuming it is router (B) that is connected to your ISP (conncted to the internet).

Yes, you can set up apache. To be able to access your server from the computers connected to router (A) they only need to connect to 192.168.0.100 but to be able to access your web server from the computers that are not connected to router (A) but are connected to (B). For (B)-clients to access your server you'll have to set up the (A) router to port-forward incoming port 80 (default for Apache, if you do not use default you know what port you should set instead). Most routers have a Virtual Server setting for easy setup.

When you have changed the settings of (A) you can access the server from both (A) and (B) clients by connecting to the IP of (A), look in (B) router table for it if you don't know what the router (A) IP is.

For people to connect by the internet you need to set up the same port-forwarding you did for (A) on (B). Set up (B) to forward port 80 to the IP of (A).

Linux Enthusiast

Here

Forward port:80 traffic from your external router 192.168.1.0 to the external interface of the router with IP 192.168.0.1. Lastly, forward port:80 traffic from 192.168.0.1 to the server interface 192.168.1.100. This is not an ideal situation, since you are adding a lot of variables here, but this will work. Lastly, enable port:80 traffic on the SuSE firewall - which should have been done once you enabled Apache.

I know that this is a repeat of nalgOrath's post; however, the A's and B's get a little confusing.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98
    I know that this is a repeat of nalgOrath's post; however, the A's and B's get a little confusing.
    Yeah, I didn't understand anything when I read what I had written. :P