Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi guys! i have a slackware 5 installed and i have my postfix and teapop running.. i can send mail locally as well as sending mail to the internet. but ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

postfix problem!

hi guys! i have a slackware 5 installed and i have my postfix and teapop running.. i can send mail locally as well as sending mail to the internet. but my prob is that i dnt know how 2 set things up for me 2 retrieve mail from the internet and nt jst from the local network.. can u give me some any idea? let's say, im sending mail as toinkz@example.net or toinkz@hostname.example.net but when i try to send mail to this accounts using my yahoo account.. the message i tried to send didnt reach my mailbox at toinkz@hostname.example.net or toinkz@example.net.. any help wud be greatly appreciated...

Linux Enthusiast
    Do you have a properly configured MX record in your DNS zone? If you don't have an MX record configured, email from the Internet doesn't know how to find your mail server.

Just Joined!
    thanks man!! bt how do i do that? anyway im a newbie.. can u give me specific instructions?? thanks!!!

do you own/operate the domain example.com (the part after the @ in your email). If so then you need to update the mx record for that domain to point to the proper mail server, ie your mail server.

If you do not own/operate that domain then that might be your problem.

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/M/MX_record.html