Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi I installed apache 1.3.23,php 4.2.2-4 and php-mysql 4.2.2-4 in Fedora 2. I am searching for mod-php 4.2.2-4 for Fedora.I couldnt find this moudle for Fedora but could for Redhat ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Fedora Redhat Problem with Apache

Hi
    I installed apache 1.3.23,php 4.2.2-4 and php-mysql 4.2.2-4 in Fedora 2. I am searching for mod-php 4.2.2-4 for Fedora.I couldnt find this moudle for Fedora but could for Redhat 7.2. So i finished my installation using this module given for Redhatin Fedora and it is working now in production. But i fear that it wont create ant problem further. Can any one tell me whether what i did is correct or where to find the mod-php for fedora?

Jasmine Mary

Linux Enthusiast
    That's funny, because FC2 comes with Apache 2.0.51, PHP 4.3.4, and you seem to have even older versions. Also, I think the php package comes with the Apache module.

Just Joined!

Reason

Actually already one web page (html & jsp page) is running on this older version of apache which is set up by previous employee. So i am in the postion to keep the version to host this site developed by me. Thats why this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by spoon!
    That's funny, because FC2 comes with Apache 2.0.51, PHP 4.3.4, and you seem to have even older versions. Also, I think the php package comes with the Apache module.

Just Joined!
    Hello

Thank you for your response. Actually i got information the following information from this link. http://simon.incutio.com/archive/200.../phpAndApache2

Do not use Apache 2.0 and PHP in a production environment neither on Unix nor on Windows.

Thats why i am not moving to apache 2.0.

Jasmine

But there is apache 1.3.33
    Registered GNU/Linux User #399198
    'Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.' -Steven Wright