Find the answer to your Linux question:
hey frnds, is there any gui to configure squid ? or do v have to configure it by editing its conf file in text mode ? is anyone aware bout ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

gui to configure squid?

hey frnds,
    is there any gui to configure squid ?
    or do v have to configure it by editing its conf file in text mode ?
    is anyone aware bout any such thing ?
    lemme know plz.
    thnx.
    jd

I use webmin to configure my squid and squidguard, works beautifully. there are webmin modules for both.

much easier then going thru the txt files, although nothing familiarizes you with a program more then having to dig through and txt file

Just Joined!
    I agree that webmin modules are easier to use, but how do I install this one for squid and squidguard? The support for it is in french. Is there a guide somewhere that explains how to install this module? Thanks.

not sure what you mean. does your webmin not have all the modules? what distro are you using, debian.

First off open webmin, then click webmin config, then click upgrade webmin and choose to upgrade from the webmin website. it will download the newest version and then install it and you will then have the newest version that should have the squid module already installed.

then install the squidguard module, click webmin config again and install modules (something like that). then choose ftp/http for install location and copy/paste this link http://www.niemueller.de/webmin/modu...-0.91.2.wbm.gz and click install. it should download and install. then you can access it from servers/squidguard.

if you have been editing text files or are familiar with those files then the usage of both modules should be self explanatory.

let me know if you have probs with my explanation above.

Just Joined!
    We have both squid and squidguard installed. Is the squid webmin installed by default? We are running RedHat 9 and using the squid packaged with that. I am not proficient in Linux at all. I'm a microsoft guy looking for a good free solution for filtering/blocking url's.