Find the answer to your Linux question:
to learn MySQL and PHP, does one need to have background in programming? if one decides to learn and have normal average experience in MySQL and PHP. does he need ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

general question about MySQL, PHP

to learn MySQL and PHP, does one need to have background in programming?

if one decides to learn and have normal average experience in MySQL and PHP. does he need to go back and take programming, database classes to grasp MySQL and PHP? or one can simply buy books and easily get user level experience in these 2 things?

I've had no db experience (not counting the access class I've read at school (not direct SQL coding)) before staring with PHP+MySQL.
    I've learned PHP and MySQL, or at least think I've learn it, by reading online tutorials (no hard copy books - they're not searchable and doesn't fit in my HDD :P ), and the documentation/reference at both php.net and mysql's homepages.
    I'd recomend starting learning (the basics of) PHP before you attempt to add in MySQL, so you get a feeling for the syntax of PHP (helps understanding what you do when you start with MySQL interfacing). Here is a quite good tutorial:
    http://se.php.net/tut.php
    Regards Scienitca (registered user #335819 - http://counter.li.org )
    --
    A master is nothing more than a student who knows something of which he can teach to other students.

Linux Newbie
    sweettttttt ............. i am happy to hear that

thanks a lot bro !!!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close