Find the answer to your Linux question:
whats the best way to make a form in my website? can i use frontpage and how can i make a database to collect the information....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

add a form to my server

whats the best way to make a form in my website? can i use frontpage and how can i make a database to collect the information.

What kind of foeum are you trying to make?
    does your server have cPanel or not?
    <advertising NOT allowed in signatures>

Linux Newbie

add a form to my server

i dont know if i got cPanel install how can i check if its install. im using
    redhat 9.0. and trying to start a personal forum.

Linux Newbie

add a form to my server

can anyone tell me if redhat 9.0 got's cpanel already install. how can i check

Linux Enthusiast
    download PHPbb and use it as a forum.

Just Joined!
    I think part of the confusion people are having in attempting to answer your question is that they do not know if you have your own physical server in your own possession that you are in control of or if you are referring to a web site you have hosted through a hosting party.

If you are using a third party hosting party to host your web site and it is on a Linux server of theirs, odds favor them having cpanel available to you. Cpanel is the most frequently used control panel by web hosting providers to allow their customers, such as you, to have control over their hosted web space.

If you are using your own server that you are in possession of, I seriously doubt that you would have Cpanel. From what I can tell on the offical Cpanel web site found at http://www.cpanel.net/index.cgi there is no free version of the product. It is something that is purchased and I doubt you would want to purchase it since it is geared for hosting providers to permit their customers to control their hosting accounts.

I would agree with the previous poster in that you could just download phpbb forum software and install it on your web site. You can do this in either case, having your own web server or using a hosting provider. If you wish to evaluate other forum software you can do a search on google for the keywords Open Source Forum software which should provide you with a number of packages you can look at.

Hope this helps,
    Ira