Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi All! I'm new to Linux and I really don't know what is the problem and what to do! Here is what I'm doing. I have server A and B. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question cannot copy files from htdoc folder

Hi All!
    I'm new to Linux and I really don't know what is the problem and what to do!

Here is what I'm doing. I have server A and B. Server B is copying a file from Server A, this is done by using java code. The problem is I cannot copy the files that I put under /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/ directory. I can only copy the files that are already there(files that are included during installation of apache2).
    What could be the problem? Where should I set permission to copy files?

Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks.

scm
    Linux Engineer
    Look at the permissions on the files that you can copy, and change the ones on those you can't to be the same. Specifically, they must be readable by the process that's trying to read them!

scm
    Linux Engineer
    Sorry, is you're really new to Linux my previous reply may not be too helpful.

use the "ls -l" command to look a the permissions, and the "chmod" and/or "chuser" commands to alter the permissions. Use the man command to get information on these commands - man ls, man chmod, etc.

Welcome to Linux!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close