Find the answer to your Linux question:
well i'm workin with ubuntu i installed samba and swat using the apt-get program i try to connect to use swat for my configuration, i always get the following error ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

samba and swat problems

well i'm workin with ubuntu i installed samba and swat using the apt-get program
    i try to connect to use swat for my configuration, i always get the following error "connection refused when attempting to connect to localhost:901" i don't have a firewall runing, my resolv file is correct, my hosts fiel is correct, i even configured inetd and xinetd just to be on the safe side and still nothing happens any idea what should i do pleas, it's really getting frostrating.

thank you

Personally I don't like swat, but that is just me. also, when you tried to connect you did http://localhost:901 right? And in /etc/hosts you have 127.0.0.1 set to localhost or lo? And in tthe smb.conf file, you have do not have a hosts allow field?

If you feel up to it, I have created a samba howto here which explains how to create the server using the smb.conf file and without fancy addons like swat.

If you want a graphical tool for creating or maintaining the server, you could look into webmin.
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.