Find the answer to your Linux question:
Would someone be able to direct me to a help guide for configuring DNS on a RH 9.0 machine. I currently am running a 2K3 box for my DNS and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

DNS/BIND

Would someone be able to direct me to a help guide for configuring DNS on a RH 9.0 machine. I currently am running a 2K3 box for my DNS and would like to move all my home servers to Linux.

Any Help would be appreciated.

http://tinyurl.com/3ftl4

Hope its what you're looking for. Some of the manuals on tldp.org can be somewhat outdated (I've seen some from '96) but most of it should be current today aswell.

Good luck, Kriss

Just Joined!
    Thanks!!!

I will take a look at them here shortly. I am hoping to be able to get this accomplished over the next couple of weeks. I am tired of running windows boxes for something other than a game machine.

Just Joined!
    ok I got DNS working internally with no problem. Now the only problem I have is that I can not get to my website.

It is hosted by an external company and I can not get there from the domain that I have setup internall since it happens to match what my domain name is. Would it be better just to name my internal domain something different or is there a way that I can point www, and mail to another IP address.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Just Joined!
    Nevermind I fixed my own problem. I was trying to setup DNS as the actual NS rather than just a caching DNS which is what I really need to have.

Thanks for all your help everyone. I appreciate it.