Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am trying to install VHCS on my server. When I run the vhcs2-setup script in /var/www/vhcs2/engine/setup I get the following output: Code: # ./vhcs2-setup If specified by -literal_key, then ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

VHCS Setup Issues

I am trying to install VHCS on my server. When I run the vhcs2-setup script in /var/www/vhcs2/engine/setup I get the following output:

Code:
     # ./vhcs2-setup
    If specified by -literal_key, then the key length must be equal to the chosen cipher's key length of 56 bytes at /var/www/vhcs2/engine/setup/../vhcs2_common_code.pl line 1443
    Compilation failed in require at ./vhcs2-setup line 32.

How can I fix this?

Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by brohism
    I am trying to install VHCS on my server. When I run the vhcs2-setup script in /var/www/vhcs2/engine/setup I get the following output:

Code:
     # ./vhcs2-setup
    If specified by -literal_key, then the key length must be equal to the chosen cipher's key length of 56 bytes at /var/www/vhcs2/engine/setup/../vhcs2_common_code.pl line 1443
    Compilation failed in require at ./vhcs2-setup line 32.

How can I fix this?
    Do you alread have a key setup at /var/www/vhcs2/engine/setup/../vhcs2_common_code.pl line 1443, if so then you should be able to set it with the flag ./vhcs2-setup -literal_key whatever. If not, then look at the man pages for vhcs2, setup options should explain something that you are leaving out in your install.

Also, what distrobution are you using?
    Operating System: GNU Emacs

Just Joined!
    Here's how to solve that problem:
    vhcs2_common_code.pl
    line 1445
    is:'key' => $main::db_pass_key,

BEFORE ADD

'keysize' => 32,

That will solve the problem.

Just Joined!

Thumbs up A solution for those who use vhcs2 debian packages

I used vhcs2 debian packages from apt.scunc.it. As I wanted to upgrade a vhcs2 installation via apt-get upgrade or apt-get dist-upgrade I only got this:

If specified by -literal_key, then the key length must be equal to the chosen cipher's key length of 56 bytes in ... line ...
    The script responsible for this was said to be vhcs.postinstall accoarding to apt. The message beat me to key size issues. Takink a closer look i found out that the installed vhcs package used the same cipher but a key size of 56 for the db pass key while the new package wanted to do key size of 32 in its postinstall. The cipher package however don't allow this.
    So my solution is simple: force that postinstall to use a key size of 56 instead.
    Open up vhcs.postinstall (the error message tells you the exact path to it) and go down to the line it reports the error in. Then go some lines backowards and search for $keylen => 32. Replace the 32 with 56 and save it.
    Then do apt-get (dist-)upgrade again. It then worked here without any more error
    Prolly an issue that should be reported to the package maintainers...

greets
    Sebastian