Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I was running LAMP quite merrily for several weeks when I decided to install phpMyAdmin (boooo!) and then secure it. Well, long story short, I messed up all my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Apache and MySQL Conf Problems

Hello,
    I was running LAMP quite merrily for several weeks when I decided to install phpMyAdmin (boooo!) and then secure it. Well, long story short, I messed up all my permissions to mySQL. So, I reinstalled, and after overcoming several issues with the help of Google searches, I thought everything was corrected. I noticed Apache was not running, so I tried to restart it and got this message:

linux:/usr/local/apache2/bin # apachectl start
    httpd: Syntax error on line 99 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.so into server: libmysqlclient.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I am not sure how to correct this.

Thanks,

Joe

what distro are you running?

does php work now

try using the phpinfo file
    <?php phpinfo(); ?>

I would also not give up on phpmyadmin, it is a wonderful tool.

securing it should be pretty easy with a .htaccess file

Just Joined!
    I can not be sure if PHP is working anymore because Apache won't start due to the error.

I am running SUSE 10.0 and installed a binary of MySQL. My original install of Apache, MySQL and PHP was from source files I compiled.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close