Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm sorry to post this in sendmail forum topic because i did't see such as postfix forum. I'm a newbie with linux I using Redhat 9.0 and postfix program. My ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Postfix problem

I'm sorry to post this in sendmail forum topic because i did't see such as postfix forum.

I'm a newbie with linux
    I using Redhat 9.0 and postfix program. My question are :
    How to make email group. Say i have the following email address :

1. Jhon@mydomain.com
    2. Jake@mydomain.com
    3. Mira@mydomain.com
    4. Sarah@mydomain.com
    5. Lina@mydomain.com
    6. Sales@mydomain.com ------- > (group)

I want if someone send email to sales@mydomain.com so people number 1 to number 5 also received the email. I'm already add group name "Sales" in the redhat user manager and already add its member (jhon, jake, mira, sarah and lina). When trying sending email to sales@mydomain.com, its reject with error message : cannot found email address sales@mydomain.com. Hope Anyone can help me. Thank's

regards,
    christian

Just Joined!
    It has been a while since I've done any configuration with postfix but I believe there are two ways that you can implement a solution to your problem. One way is to create the name sales as a user instead of a group and then make a .forward file in the /home/sales directory that contains the line:
    Code:
    jhon, jake, mira, sarah, lina
    If you do not want to create a "sales" user, the you can add a "sales" alias in the postfix configuration file that sends mail to the users that you want. See the link below for more information: http://www.postfix.org/rewrite.html#aliases

Just Joined!
    Its work, i try use .forward method.. Thankyou verymuch Slant6.

regards,
    christian.

Just Joined!
    How do you authenticate your users? Advise read around mysql-postfix. this will make it easy because one of the tables is called forwardings with source and destination fields. So in source you put sales@mydomain and destination you will your emails seperated by a comma.

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello Shumba, and welcome!

Please check the dates on threads before replying, as this one is going on 8 years old so has been closed.

Do feel free to start fresh threads of your own if you are having any issues with Linux.

Thanks.
    oz