Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi All, I am using CENTOS 4 with sendmail.8.13.6 version. I am facing very serious problem in sendmail latest version. I have no entries in the mailertable and in my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

sendmail.8.13.6 Relaying Problem

Hi All,
    I am using CENTOS 4 with sendmail.8.13.6 version. I am facing very serious problem in sendmail latest version. I have no entries in the mailertable and in my relaydomain file there is no ip defined for relaying and only my domain defined for relaying But still many other ip's are relaying. When i checked throughly, i found one thing that when my domain is listed in the relay domains and my reverse dns contains same domain name info as in the relay domain file then it was relaying. But when any other person whose ip is not listed in the relaydomain file and domain (which defined in the reverse table like x.x.x.x-"xxxyzzz.com" )is also not available then he can't relay and when i add his last part of reverese dns in the relay domains then he can relay.

I can't understand why sendmail is relaying...Any body have idea.

Please help me out from this problem .

The official sendmail site has a big doc section on anti-relaying, you can find it here.

You probably need to add:

Code:
    FEATURE(relay_entire_domain)
    FEATURE(blacklist_recipients)
    then add your domain to your /etc/mail/access and /etc/mail/relay-domains files.

Dont forget to rebuild your sendmail.cf file and restart sendmail when you've made these changes.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/